Dr. Dean: The
da Vinci Procedures
Preparation for Robotic Prostatectomy
A definitive diagnosis of prostate cancer is made based on the results of your biopsy.
This website is provided for general information purposes only. Consult with your doctor about whether da Vinci ® Prostatectomy may be appropriate for your condidtion. If you have questions about the da Vinci ® Surgical System or the procedure, consult with your doctor.
- Ideal body weight (BMI <29) facilitates an easier surgical procedure and a better recovery. In the interest of your good health, if you need to lose weight, this is an ideal time to get started.
- Wait 2-6 weeks after biopsy before undergoing the surgery.
- Stop taking aspirin and other antiplatelet agents such as Coumadin (warfarin) or Plavix two (2) weeks prior to your operation.
- Take a laxative the day before surgery.
- Clear liquids only (no solid food) for 24 hours before surgery.
- Ejaculate frequently (if you can) before the procedure.
WILLIAM M. DEAN, MD
Specializing in Robotic Prostatectomy
314 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, Suite 103
Monday: 9-12 & 1-5
Tuesday: 9-12 & 1-5
Thursday: 9-12 & 1-5
Friday: 9-12 & 1-5
(The Office is
closed for lunch
daily from 12-1)